Sunday, February 19, 2012

Emma's Paris room makeover

Before Makeover
After Makeover

My Bonus daughter is 12 going on 25. One day she was saying how much she wished we could transform her room into a Paris themed room because she was ready to get away from the stuffed animals and twin bed. I can’t blame her! So, I decided to surprise her by going out and buying everything she would need to have her Paris room! Let me tell you, there is a TON of Paris themed decor out there. Have you any idea how hard it is to buy the ‘right’ items for a twelve year old? I do! After, 4 days of shopping and some great finds on Craigslist, I had everything I needed to get to work. I ended up buying a bed and dresser off Craigslist, a new mattress, new bedding, wall art, curtains, baskets…and much more. I spent two days trying to decide if I should paint her walls and ultimately decided that I was going to make a Paris themed room with her already PURPLE walls. Whew! That was a hard decision but it paid off. We just added the vinyl words (these look way easier to apply than they actually are) above the bed and now the room is finished. 










No comments:

Post a Comment