Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

We are celebrating Valentine's Day today since the guy has to work tomorrow and the kids got a half day due to snow. We went out to Red Lobster (mainly for the cheese biscuits) and had dinner. The kids and I made white and dark chocolate covered strawberries for dessert, YUMMY! They turned out pretty awesome especially since it cost us a total of $13.45 and we made about 30 strawberries and had plenty left over. These things were selling for $12 for four at our local supermarket. YIKES! My 4 year old son is having a friendship party at his preschool on Wednesday and he and I have been busy making treats and cards for his classmates. We made candy cane and white chocolate lollipops which I got from this website Pleasant Home. The cards and tags on the candy are my design exclusively, even though in hind sight I would have put You're as Cute as a Button instead of XOXO (I used buttons in the center of the white hearts). Yeah, yeah, I know they are a little girly for a boy to be taking to school but I just couldn't bring myself to buy Star Wars cards to give out. Here are some pics of our creations.


No comments:

Post a Comment