Monday, February 13, 2012

Ugly Mirror Makeover for $67



I don’t understand why builders put those ugly mirror sheets in bathrooms. I mean it would cost them about 25 dollars to frame it out and make it look presentable. I took all the ugly mirrors out of my smaller bathrooms and replaced them with framed mirrors I bought at HomeGoods. However, my master bath mirror was very large and I just could not find the right sized mirror to replace it with (one that didn’t cost a gazillion dollars anyway). So I decided that my boyfriend and I were going to do it ourselves. We bought some wide baseboard at Home Depot and had one of the employees cut it to the right size for us. My boyfriend mitered the sides with his mitering saw and we attached the board to the mirror with liquid nails. We taped the boards to the mirror overnight so the liquid nails could dry and caulked the seams the next day. I then painted the mirror with a High Gloss Espresso colored paint. Voila…A much nicer looking mirror for a fraction of the cost of a framed one!


No comments:

Post a Comment