Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Projection screen D.I.Y for under $75

When we refinished our basement we knew we wanted to get a projector instead of a regular flat screen T.V. We priced out projectors and actually ended up buying a really good one for just under a thousand dollars. Then it came time to price out the screens. We found a few that would do for around 300 dollars with shipping but I just didn't really like the looks of them. That's when a friend told us about screen paint. So I did the research and ended up finding this screen paint for about $45 on Ebay. Click here for paint.  The paint came with some black felt border but we ended up getting some poplar wood at our local Home Depot and framed out the screen. The wood cost us about $25. I love the concept of the paint because we were able to paint the screen whatever size we wanted to and if we ever wanted to go bigger then we have that option as well. Here is the final result and I have to say that I am very pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment